Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This Waldorf salad is different; it has pears in it. This is new to me and the dish is delish. It's more of a dessert than a sandwich spread. These are the salads I love to snack on.
- 3 large apples, unpeeled and cut into large chunks (Red Delicious works well)
- 3 large firm ripe pears, peeled and cut into large chunks (Bartlett is good)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium celery ribs, cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas, cut into thin slices
- lettuce leaf, for serving
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Add celery, cream, mayo, and salt; toss to coat.
- If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- To serve, gently stir bananas into fruit mixture. Arrange lettuce leaves on a large platter or line a pretty bowl. Spoon salad onto lettuce and sprinkle with nuts.
- If desired, place one lettuce leaf on each individual plate and spoon salad onto lettuce leaf and garnish with nuts.