Recipe by Deanna Kyre
I had some leftovers from other recipes during the week and I wanted to put them together in a tasty and healthy lunch.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This is a delicious soup. I used a mixture of cauliflower and brocolli since I had both that need to be used up and homemade broth. The corn leant a sweetness to the soup that my family would have prefered not be there so I would probably increase the quantity of cauliflower and omit the corn next time. I also used freshly minced garlic rather that garlic from a jar. Made for Spring09 PAC.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, washed and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, washed and chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chili-flavored olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced from a jar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chopped cauliflower, celery, carrots and a sprinkle of salt in a pot then add enough water to cover and set to boil.
- Add chili pepper olive oil to a frying pan on med-high heat and when it's hot, add the chopped onions and garlic. Stir occasionally until onions are soft and light brown.
- When cauliflower/carrots/celery get soft, drain the water and add veggies to the pan with the onions/garlic. Add corn and continue cooking for the flavors to mix.
- Pour all the veggies into the first pot you cooked and add the chicken broth. Cover and simmer for another 15 - 25 minutes.
- Carefully, pour soup from pot into a blender and mix. Depending on the size of your blender, you might have to do this in several batches. Pour the soup back into the pot after it is blended.
- Add the skim milk and Worcestershire sauce and heat again. Taste and add salt as needed, then serve.