Recipe by sarcare
This is a variation on the creamy fall soup, but the taste is very different. It is very refreshing, with a surprisingly sweet taste that is perfect for a spring or summer supper.
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus
- 6 kumquats
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, and kumquats into one inch or smaller pieces.
- Put broth, garlic, thyme, and basil in the bottom of a steamer.
- Steam sliced vegetables and fruit over broth until tender.
- Remove from steamer and puree in blender or food processor until smooth, adding leftover broth and sour cream as needed to get to the right consistency.
- For vegetarian use the vegetable broth.