1/1 Photo of Creamy Vegetarian (Not Vegan) Caesar Salad Dressing
Contains egg but avoids the anchovies that are in all Worcestershire Sauces. (Read the label) Most restaurant dressings have anchovies, and if not most waitstaff are unaware that Worcestershire Sauce has anchovies. Also most hard cheeses are made with animal rennet so check that Parmesan. In Colorado, King Soopers deli has non-animal rennet Murray's Sartori Sarvecchio Parmesan. No cheese in dressing but consider this when you top your salad with Parmesan. Home made croutons are also the best - see additional recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wisk mustard, egg yolk and crushed (I use a garlic crusher) garlic.
- 2Very, very, very slowly add olive oil and whisk to incorporate. (At first I add about 1/4 teaspoon at at crack) later I add 1/2 teaspoon at a time, wisk in to incorporate, then add another 1/2 teaspoons and so on and so forth.
- 3When all the oil is added it will look and feel like soft creamy butter.
- 4The combo of yolk, mustard and oil now will allow water to mix in (oil and water will now come together).
- 5So -- add 1 tbsp water and incorporate.
- 6Then add 1 tbsp lemon juice and incorporate.
- 7Then add 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and incorporate.
- 8Then add 1/2 tbsp more lemon juice and incorporate.
- 9Add salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Vegetarian (Not Vegan) Caesar Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 155.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g