Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Creamy lentil soup cooked in a crockpot. Serve with crusty bread or rolls for a comfort food fix! Feel free to double this recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb dry lentils (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons instant vegetable bouillon granules (or 2 cubes)
- sour cream
- In a saucepan, saute onions, mushrooms, garlic, and celery till just slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart crockpot, combine the lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, mushrooms, celery& parsley.
- Stir in water, mushroom soup, and bouillon.
- Cover; cook on low 10 to 12 hours or high 5 to 6 hours.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
- 4 servings.
Great Soup!!!! I made this on the stove top and it was really tasty!!I did have to add a little more water to the soup as it simmered,and I also added a few splashes of tamari for a little depth of flavor.This will be made often at my house!!Thank You Sharon123!
Very tasty! We didn't add the cream of mushroom soup, but used some extra mushrooms and a little almond milk to make it creamy. We also didn't make this in the crock pot. Instead, we made it on the stove top so we could enjoy it sooner. It was great with some crispy french bread!
Excellent! Even my husband who hates soup (calls soup 'too wet' and it 'has too many ingredients mixed together') loved it. If this recipe can make my husband go back for seconds, then it is definitely a winner! Super easy and super cheap to make! We served it in bread bowls with a little bit of provolone cheese melted on top, and it was restaurant quality!