Recipe by Sharon123
Creamy lentil soup cooked in a crockpot. Serve with crusty bread or rolls for a comfort food fix! Feel free to double this recipe.
Top Review by Theresa P
Great Soup!!!! I made this on the stove top and it was really tasty!!I did have to add a little more water to the soup as it simmered,and I also added a few splashes of tamari for a little depth of flavor.This will be made often at my house!!Thank You Sharon123!
- 1⁄2 lb dry lentils (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons instant vegetable bouillon granules (or 2 cubes)
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, saute onions, mushrooms, garlic, and celery till just slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart crockpot, combine the lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, mushrooms, celery& parsley.
- Stir in water, mushroom soup, and bouillon.
- Cover; cook on low 10 to 12 hours or high 5 to 6 hours.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
- 4 servings.