Recipe by Chesska
I took a number of cajun pasta recipes and created my own version. Though we do eat meat, I love having meatless options so we always eat this vegetarian. :) Enjoy!
Top Review by Claire Lyn
It looks like a lovely recipe but you may want to either rename it or substitute vegetarian broth for the chicken broth--if it has chicken broth, it's not vegetarian! Definitely be giving it a try with vegetarian broth :)
- 454 g linguine, dry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Heat oil over med-high heat and stir fry the red pepper, red onion and garlic to your liking.
- In a small sauce pan whisk together broth, milk and flour. Place over med-high heat stirring often until it begins to thicken.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and add Cajun seasoning, Parmesan and salt and mix well.
- Pour sauce over cooked linguine and mix well.
- Serve stir fried veggies over top of pasta.