Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious healthy lunch! From Food Everyday.
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 medium carrots, grated or 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped (ribs and seeds removed)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 small whole wheat bagel, split and toasted, for serving
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, carrot, bell pepper, scallion and parsley, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread bagel halves with vegetable spread and serve.
- Store remaining spread in an airtight contained up to 5 days.
Oh yum! This is so tasty and much better than commercial flavoured cream cheeses. I made it as written except for omitting the parsley as DD doesn't care for it.
Simple, quick & so *Yum* ! I know you have this in the Lunch/Snack category, but I frankly cannot imagine a time of dy it would not be good. I have found it is often a little & easy recipe that has the largest impact & this is 1 of those for me. I enjoyed it for brunch today using an onion bagel as we cannot get whole wheat bagels here. The flavor was superb & the textural crunch a pleasure w/ea bite. I can also see this being a good appy atop some seasoned pita crisps. I loved this, Redsie. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)