1/2 Photos of Creamy Vegetable Soup
From a cutout of a magazine and all I have is a name of submitter R. Zagrzebski - so I'm assuming it is from one of my many TOH magazines. I adjusted it just a bit by adding a couple extra veggies. Great served with a whole wheat crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (16 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth if you prefer)
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped (I prefer Vidalia)
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 8 cups fresh broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups fresh cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, cubed
- 4 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1In a large soup pot, combine broth, carrots, potatoes, onions and rice; cover and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Add broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini; simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- 4Cool slightly.
- 5Puree half of the mixture in a blender or food processor then return to soup pot.
- 6Add milk and pepper; mix well.
- 7Heat through but DO NOT boil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 104.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth