Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one soup that my kids will say, "hey that's good."
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (uncooked)
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin (I like 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups light cream
- Melt butter in a large kettle.
- Saute onion until transparent and add other vegetables, (except potatoes) and saute for just a few minutes (still tender crisp) Stir in broth, add potatoes and seasonings; Cook until evertything is tender, add cream and heat through.