Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serving size 1-2/3 cups
Make and share this Creamy Vegetable Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups cube and peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Spray a 6-quart pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Saute' onions over medium-high heat until clear.
- Add next 7 ingredients (water, bouillon, potatoes, carrots, celery,corn and spinach); simmer covered 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk together milk, flour and salt in small bowl.
- Add to vegetable mixture.
- Boil 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Season as you like.
This is SO SIMPLE to make, it is warming and hearty. I omitted the Spinach. My Family ate it after standing outside for 2 hours watching a Christmas Parade and it warmed us all the way to our Toes. Thank you for posting this recipe.