1/1 Photo of Creamy Vegetable Cheese Bake
1 hr 15 mins
Absolute comfort food for the vegetarian. Lots of vegetables, covered in a thick, creamy cheese sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 -2 head cauliflower
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups peas
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1In large skillet or stock pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
- 2Add flour and mix until a smooth roux is formed.
- 3Cook and stir roux continuously for 2 minutes.
- 4Add in salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic and nutritional yeast. Stir to combine.
- 5Add half-and-half and milk.
- 6Cook and stir continuously until mixture is thickened (8-10 minutes).
- 7Add in sharp cheddar and stir until melted and well mixed.
- 8Remove skillet or pot from burner.
- 9Mix all vegetables into the sauce and stir until fully coated; transfer to greased 13x9 inch casserole dish.
- 10Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- 11Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes, or until bubbling around the edges and browned on top.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Vegetable Cheese Bake
Serving Size: 1 (693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1131.6
- Calories from Fat 742
- Total Fat 82.4 g
- Saturated Fat 51.3 g
- Cholesterol 247.6 mg
- Sodium 1470.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 52.2 g