1/1 Photo of Creamy Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
1 hr 5 mins
The Blender Girl's Note:
I am constantly overwhelmed by the surprising depth of flavour of this simple little soup, the beauty of this soup – it’s simplicity and bare ingredients. You just would not believe something so basic could taste so rich and deep AND creamy! Those macadamias are just pure magic in this soup. It is worth mentioning that I have made this soup in Australia and in the States, and it was quite different, due to the quality and variety of the sweet potatoes. They have a much bolder and richer flavour in Australia. If you are making this in the U.S use yams or orange sweet potatoes. You will also probably only need ½ cup of macadamias, and then taste your soup before you add the second ½ cup. I added a whole cup, and it yielded a soup of a very different personality. It was still sensational. But it resembled more of a nutty taste than that of sweet potato. It is really a matter of preference. Experiment and you will find your perfect blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the sweet potato and cut into rustic chunks with the red onions.
- 2Toss the vegetables in olive oil and Celtic sea salt.
- 3Roast in a slow oven for about 1 hour so as not to get any burnt black bits.
- 4Bring stock to the boil. Add in roasted vegetables and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 5Allow to cool slightly, and then place in batches with the raw macadamias.
- 6Return to the stove, and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season with Celtic sea salt to taste.
- 7Garnish with some chopped coriander and some raw macadamias and devour!
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 253.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: