1/1 Photo of Creamy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
The Blender Girl's Note:
I recently shared this potato salad with my friends Kris, Michelle, Emily, Nicole, and my father-in-law, Bob; and the reaction was unanimous–“Oh Wow! I could eat this salad every day. This is a keeper. You need to put this on your site!” At the risk of appearing unashamedly self-congratulatory, I have to agree with my discerning friends. This potato salad has a creamy yet crunchy texture, with a zesty flavour that strikes a nice balance between sharp and sweet. It’s a wonderful example of how this quick raw vegan mayonnaise can act like the little black dress in your culinary wardrobe. With the right accessories —some fresh crisp vegetables and the right amount of sea salt and cracked pepper —the simple becomes the sublime, and this little potato dish is dressed to impress. Snouts far and wide agree —this recipe is a stunner, a winner, and not to be missed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium red potatoes, largely diced (or cut into cubes)
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped (about 1 bunch)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely diced (capsicum, about 1 medium pepper)
- 1 cup celery, finely diced (about 4 large ribs)
- 1 cup broccoli, stalk chopped finely (slaw)
- 1 cup about 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup about 1/2 medium finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
raw vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup organic raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw cauliflower
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (to taste)
- 2 1/4 tablespoons organic Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- tiny 1/2 pinch of celtic sea salt (to taste)
- 1Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold filtered water.
- 2Add 2 Tbsp of Celtic sea salt to the water and bring to the boil.
- 3Simmer for about 10 minutes or until just done.
- 4Rinse them with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- 5Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and combine with all of the chopped vegetables (except the parsley).
- 6To Make Dressing:.
- 7Put the cashews and cauliflower in a food processor, and add the water until combined well.
- 8Slowly add the oil in one steady stream, and process until thick and creamy.
- 9Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender to taste, and process until smooth.
- 10Add in some more salt, mustard or lemon juice to taste until you create your perfect blend.
- 11**Please note – you will need a high speed blender such as a VitaMix.
- 12or BlendTec, in order to achieve a really creamy consistency.
- 13Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- 14Stir through the parsley, and then season with Celtic sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- 15Chill or serve at room temperature. YUM!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Vegan Potato Salad Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.3
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5041.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.6 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: