Adapted from Alex Jamieson's Great American Detox Diet. Serve with crusty bread and salad for a hearty, satisfying meal.
- Heat olive oil in a 4-quart pot.
- Sautee the sliced leeks about 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add garlic and sautee another minute or so.
- Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes and leeks are quite tender.
- Add beans, rosemary, salt, and pepper, and more broth, if necessary.
- Puree until smooth, using an immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender. If necessary, return to heat until warm enough.
- Sprinkle with soy cheese, if desired.
YUMMY!!!! My non vegan family loved the soup! I followed the directions and it turned out great! I did have to make it in two pots which in the end turned out best. The only thing I would do differently would be not to puree the potatoes but somehow only puree the leeks. This is only because of the color of the finished soup (due to picky eaters they may hesitate about the questionable color then the unpureed leeks.)If your vege broth is not brown then you may have no problems with the color. So easy and will make again!
4 stars because it's tasty, super easy, super fast, vegan, healthy, and soup. All my favorite things! Featured it on my blog. http://crashtestvegetarian.com/?p=1736
Here's A REALLY GREAT TASTING SOUP, & one that I'll be happy to make over & over in the future! I pretty much followed the recipe although I did substitute lemon pepper for the usual S&P, & the cloves of garlic that I used were LARGE! I also used some homemade vegetable broth here & some home-grown rosemary (the only one in my very, very small garden)! I also enjoy the subtle flavor that leeks give to a recipe like this! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed (however late I was!) for one of my Vegan groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #8]