Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can't tell there are beans in here. Yum.
Make and share this Creamy Vegan Potato and White Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or bouillon and water)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (any unsweetened vegan milk)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, undrained
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onions (to garnish) or chives (to garnish)
- Peel and chop potatoes, place in medium pot with veg broth. Boil until very tender, covered. Meanwhile, dice and saute onion with butter until translucent. Transfer to blender and add in milk and beans with liquid, nutritional yeast and some seasoning. Puree until very smooth.
- When potatoes are tender, mash them into the broth with a potato masher. Add in the blender mix and stir, heating through. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Garnish with chives.