Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in the local newpaper today, I have not tried it but thought there might be some Vegans out there that would enjoy it. (Submitted to the newpaper by Stacey Lalonde)
- Place the ingredients (except the ice cubes) in blender and blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, blend the mixture with ice cubes until frothy (you may need to divide liquid in half to fit into blender with ice).
- Serve in glass sprinkled with nutmeg.
- *Mori-Nuis Japanese tofu that is silky smooth in texture and easier to digest than Chinese tofu.
- It works well in beverages, mousses and other creamy-type dishes.
- It is available at health food stores and some grocery stores.
It would be of real interest to me to know what was so bad about this Michelle?? I would never make it myself; I am not a vegan. I am curious though because the paper write up made it sound like a real treat for vegans over the holidays. Was it the texture, the taste ?? Could any change improve it?? Looking forward to your input. Thanks in advance.
I was curious as to why this recipe had a one-star rating as the ingredients looked fine to me, so I had to give it a try. I used apple juice (not a drinker at all) and soy milk. It was creamy with just the right amount of sweetness. A liitle reminiscent of my pre-vegan childhood egg-flip.
This was very bad, I was planning to make it for christmas. I couldn't drink it and poured it down the drain.