Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy coconut, carrots, red pepper, and curry.
Make and share this Creamy Vegan Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium or large stock pot, saute the diced onions in olive oil on medium until onions become translucent.
- Add carrots, salt, curry powder, cumin, garam masala, and cinnamon. Continue to saute until onions are soft.
- Stir vegetable broth into the onion, carrot, and spice mixture. Simmer covered until carrots are tender.
- Add red peppers to the pot. Simmer on low until the peppers are tender.
- Take off the heat and lend with an immersion blender or using a blender. Add coconut milk and continue to blend until smooth.
- Serve with garbanzo beans or rice in the soup for added heartiness.