Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It nice to have a recipe just for the two. Quick to make.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small saucepan; gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 1 additional minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolk until thick and lemon colored. Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot mixture into yolk; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour mixture into two 6-ounce custard cups. Chill. Yield: 2 servings.
- Southern Living.
made as directed but was not my favorite.....I didn't care for the taste!
Just the right size for 1 or 2 people. I stirred in some chocolate chips into 1/2 of the pudding and had chocolate also.
The flavor was spot on. I really liked that. My only problem was that you didn't specify what variety of milk to use and I only had skim on hand. I used it and, for the most part it was fine but it was a bit too runny. Next time I'll try 2% or whole.