1 hr 50 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Got this from an email from King Arthur Flour and oh my it sounds good - just listen: This "Creamsicle®" cheesecake features vanilla extract plus Fiori di Sicilia and orange zest, giving it wonderfully bright flavor. It's perfect topped with summer fruit. It recommends 1/4 teaspoon of Fiore di Sicilia in the recipe but Zaar does not recognize and also lemon can used instead of oranges if desired and well as changing the topping to blueberry or even fresh fruit. I got my Fiore di Sicilia from King Arthur but if you choose to make plain vanilla cheesecake, omit the Fiori di Sicilia, and increase the vanilla extract to 1 tablespoon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, soft
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zest of, medium
- 1 1/2-2 cups cherry pie filling
- 1To make the crust: Whisk together the flour, almond flour, confectioners' sugar, and salt.
- 2Mix in the butter until evenly crumbly.
- 3Press into a 9" to 10" springform pan, pushing firmly up the sides. Prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork. Chill in the freezer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or so, while you preheat the oven to 375°F
- 4Remove from the freezer, and bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned at the edges. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- 5To make the filling: Slowly mix the cream cheese and sugar until well blended, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- 6Mix in the eggs one at time, then the cream, flavorings, and zest.
- 7Pour the filling into the baked crust, and reduce the oven heat to 325°F Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the cheesecake is set around the edges (a 4" to 5" circle in the center will remain soft).
- 8Turn the oven off, prop the door open, and let the cheesecake sit for an hour.
- 9Run a knife or spatula around the edges. Cool for several hours.
- 10Just before serving, top as desired.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Vanilla-Orange Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 200.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of