Recipe by Milkman's Daughter
My own concoction after trying many recipes that weren't as creamy as I like. Feel free to adjust it to your taste also. I use this in my electric ice cream maker and it makes about 4-5 quarts.
- 8 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups half-and-half cream (I use fat free)
- 1 cup agave syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In microwave heat 4 cups of the Heavy Whipping Cream (about 3 minutes) in microwave safe dish.
- Add Agave Syrup and sugar to heated cream and stir until dissolved. Stir in salt and vanilla.
- In large pan or bowl mix the heated cream mixture with the remaining heavy cream and all of the Half and Half (you can also do this right in your ice cream tin).
- Freeze as directed on your ice cream maker instructions.