Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This makes 1 gallon of the smoothest, creamiest and richest ice cream ever. The recipe came from my daughter's college professor. You can add fruit or other stuff like chunks of butterfinger candy bars, heath bars,chocolate chips, you name it. The possibilties are endless. You can also sub any flavor of soft drink for the whole milk and get a completely different taste.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons of good vanilla
- 6 -8 cups whole milk
- Mix first five ingredients well enough to dissolve sugar.
- Pour into a 1-gallon ice cream freezer and add enough whole milk to bring it to the fill line in your container and freeze according to your freezers instructions. The 6 to 8 cups is just an estimate. You could need more or less.
- I generally mix this up the night before and chill to cut the freezing time in half.
- I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
Made this when we didn't have any cream on hand. It was pretty good! It set up a lot better after spending the night in the freezer.
This made a firm and creamy ice cream. I chilled mine overnight. I made it as vanilla but we each stirred in what flavor we wanted it to be. A very easy ice cream. Thnaks cj2Johnson. Bullwinkle