I'm a baker at heart, but I've never had any luck with icing, until this recipe. I've combined a few recipes that didn't work and ended up with this easy, fluffy, and delicious icing recipe. It takes wonderfully to food colorings and other flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter in a standing mixer for about 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- 2Keeping the mixer on, add the vanilla.
- 3Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time until fully incorporated. With about half of the sugar in, add 2 tbls. of whipping cream.
- 4Pour in the rest of the powdered sugar and then the remaining 2 tbls. of whipping cream. Continue mixing until you get a nice, fluffy, creamy consistency.
- 5Add any other flavorings or color and store in the refrigerator until it's ready to be spread. Can be made ahead of time. Double recipe for two 9 inch cakes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Vanilla Frosting/Icing
Serving Size: 1 (658 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 112.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 45.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g