Recipe by Thrilla49
I'm a baker at heart, but I've never had any luck with icing, until this recipe. I've combined a few recipes that didn't work and ended up with this easy, fluffy, and delicious icing recipe. It takes wonderfully to food colorings and other flavors.
Top Review by seiferlingjax
I thought this icing tasting fantastic! I've had troubles in the past making icing and this one is one of the best so far...although a little less vanilla would be recommended, maybe a quarter teaspoon less.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter in a standing mixer for about 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Keeping the mixer on, add the vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar, a little at a time until fully incorporated. With about half of the sugar in, add 2 tbls. of whipping cream.
- Pour in the rest of the powdered sugar and then the remaining 2 tbls. of whipping cream. Continue mixing until you get a nice, fluffy, creamy consistency.
- Add any other flavorings or color and store in the refrigerator until it's ready to be spread. Can be made ahead of time. Double recipe for two 9 inch cakes.