Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the recipe that I use for the Cut out frosted butter cookies. This recipe is also in the Best Foods of Christmas cookbook. I always double this recipe so we have plenty of frosting to go around for everyone to decorate. I also divide the frosting into thirds. I'll take one bowl of frosting and add red food coloring to make it pink and add peppermint extract. In another bowl of frosting I'll add green food coloring for green frosting. In the other bowl of frosting I keep it white for white frosting. YEAH now for the FUN part.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -3 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl cream the butter. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well. Now add in the milk 1 TBSP at a time until it turns into frosting into desired consistency.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Acually I triple this recipe. You can do like I said above and make different color and flavor frosting. its up to you.
- Now for the fun part -- Have plenty of candy for decorating. mini M&M's, crushed up candy canes, sprinkles ect. ect and ect. HAVE FUN! =).
Very good. I followed the directions exactly including frosting sugar cookies with the frosting. I used the leftover frosting to place between 2 graham crackers. (That's the 'cheap' kind of cookies we made at my house when I was growing up!) So I went down memory lane on behalf of SoCalCookerGal. Made for PAC Fall 2009.