Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Enjoy sinfully rich cheesecake (without the guilt) - tonight!
- 15 lowfat chocolate wafer cookies (1/2 cup) or 15 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crushed (1/2 cup)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free caramel topping
- pecan halves, if desired
- Heat oven to 300.
- Spray springform pan, 9" x 3", with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs over bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese n medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add yogurt and flour.
- Beat on low speed until smooth.
- Carefully spread batter over cookie crumbs in pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Turn off oven; cool in oven 30 minutes with door closed.
- Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Drizzle caramel topping over cheesecake.
- Garnish with pecan halves.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Delicious - so light and creamy! I used 2 eggs instead of 3 egg whites. I think the recipe should say sugar free caramel topping (all of the caramel toppings I found were fat free). Yum.Yum.Yum.