Recipe by Krista Roes
Cooking Light - 2003 If you're not serving this immediately, keep the polenta warm by covering it and placing it over very low heat. Stir occasionally. Mascarpone ensures the polenta's creamy consistency and rich flavor.
- 4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups instant dry polenta
- 1⁄3 cup about 2 1/2 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil, gradually add polenta, stirring constantly with a wisk.
- Cook 2 minutes until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
- Serve immediately.