Recipe by Tish
In response to request. This turkey soup is a work in progress. I try to perfect whenever a turkey is cooked. There is usually a bit of meat left over on the carcus, which we debone and cut up the meat...then make this soup and soup with the carcus!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 quarts turkey broth
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups turkey, diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- 2 cups light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion& celery in butter.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini& broccoli and saute lightly for 5 min.
- Stir in broth; simmer for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes& seasonings; cook another 10 min.
- or until vegetables are tender.
- Add turkey.
- Stir in cream& heat through.