1/6 Photos of Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini
1 hr 5 mins
This is a great way to use leftover cooked turkey or chicken. It's also an easy one dish casserole that everyone in the family enjoys. The recipe started life as a Cooking Light recipe in a recent issue. I made modifications to suit our taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup carrot (I use the pre-cut matchstick carrots)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine (or sherry)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth (or turkey broth)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (divided)
- 4 ounces light cream cheese (low fat)
- 1 (8 ounce) package thin spaghetti (cooked)
- 2 cups turkey meat, cooked and shredded (or chicken)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I use panko)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Melt butter in saute pan.
- 3Add onion, celery, pepper, salt, carrots, and mushrooms (optional).
- 4Saute until vegetables are tender.
- 5Add flour and stir until vegetables are coated.
- 6Add wine, and stir quickly until flour is absorbed.
- 7Gradually add broth, stirring constantly.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the Neufchatel cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- 11Add the peas, turkey and pasta.
- 12Stir until blended.
- 13Coat a casserole with non-stick spray and transfer mixture to the casserole.
- 14Combine breadcrumbs (or panko) with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 15Sprinkle mixture evenly over the top of the casserole.
- 16Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- 17Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.9
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 1130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: