Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Using Turkey Soup #32399 by Leslie Criswell for my inspiration, I created this soup the other night. Very, very yummy!
Top Review by cgrimm
I made a few changes. I doubled the carrots & celery, I finely diced both & the half onion. I suggest the potatoes be cut into 1/2" cubes. I found that 4 hours was plenty of cook time, plus one hour with the creamed mixture. See-lush-ous. I love a good, chunky soup. This fills the bill
- 1 cup homemade turkey broth
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1⁄4 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Ingredients in turkey stock, besides the leftover turkey parts, were 1/2 Vidalia onion chopped, stalk of celery chopped and 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Combine all soup ingredients, except milk, cream and flour, in crock pot.
- Use just enough chicken broth to barely cover meat and veggies.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or until potatoes and carrots are easily pierced.
- Combine milk, cream and flour and add to soup.
- Let cook for approximately 30 minutes more, stirring occasionally to thicken.
- You can also add any leftover gravy you have.