Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in TOH holiday. A great easy way to use up leftover turkey.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, with leaves chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 -2 cup turkey broth or 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- In a dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion and celery in butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minute.
- Stir in the flour and seasonings; gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add turkey and carrots.
- Add enough broth until soup is desired consistency.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add peas; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
I'm late in writing this, sorry. This soup is wonderful. I've made it many times and my family loves it. It's great microwaved as leftovers, too. The only things that I did differently is to delete savory and peas. Wonderful, wonderful. YUM!!!