1/3 Photos of Creamy Turkey Soup
This goes together in a flash-and is really flexible for using ingredients on hand. You can either make this with noodles or dumplings, or leave them out. We like our soup salty, so adjust that to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 cups turkey broth, divided (or chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 8 ounces noodles (fusilli, rotini or similar)
- 1Saute onions and carrots in butter until soft, not brown.
- 2Add flour and mix well.
- 3Gradually add 2 cups broth and milk.
- 4Cook and stir until it thickens.
- 5Stir in remaining 3 cups broth, and all remaining ingredients.
- 6Simmer 10-12 minutes until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Turkey Soup
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 729.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: