This goes together in a flash-and is really flexible for using ingredients on hand. You can either make this with noodles or dumplings, or leave them out. We like our soup salty, so adjust that to your taste.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 5 cups turkey broth, divided (or chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 8 ounces noodles (fusilli, rotini or similar)
- Saute onions and carrots in butter until soft, not brown.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Gradually add 2 cups broth and milk.
- Cook and stir until it thickens.
- Stir in remaining 3 cups broth, and all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 10-12 minutes until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.