Chef PotPie's Note:
I used to make this all the time, but I can't find turkey breast steaks anymore at the grocery stores in my town. You can use chicken breasts, though. It's so simple, but very satisfying, while still being lower in fat. We like to have this with linguine, but it's also great with rice or potato. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 turkey breast, steaks
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- cooking spray
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine (drinkable, have the rest with the meal!)
- 1 (8 ounce) container light cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) container fat free cream cheese, you can use flavored
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- 1Cut the turkey steaks in half crosswise, put in ziptop bag, pour in soy sauce, turn to coat, and marinate for 15 minutes. Remove from marinade and pat dry.
- 2Spray large saute pan generously with cooking spray, heat up, then add the turkey breast pieces to the pan and cook over medium heat until light brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- 3Remove turkey pieces to a platter and keep warm.
- 4Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to the drippings in pan, adding more cooking spray if needed. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- 5Stir in cream cheese, wine and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Nestle the turkey peices back into the sauce along with any juices that have accumulated on the platter, and simmer for 15 minutes, until the turkey steaks are done through.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Turkey Saute
Serving Size: 1 (835 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1120.4
- Calories from Fat 481
- Total Fat 53.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 410.9 mg
- Sodium 2623.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 137.6 g