Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb turkey (raw) or 1 lb sausage, ground (raw)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey or turkey sausage, onion, pepper and salt, until meat is browned, stirring to break up meat. Drain.
- Stir in cream cheese till combined. Add mushrooms and set aside.
- For the crust: Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate with non-stick spray. Unwrap crescent rolls and separate. Arrange them in pie plate, pressing onto the bottom and up the sides of the plate, extending the biscuits at 1/2 inch intervals, if desired.
- Spoon turkey mixture into shell, spreading evenly.
- In blender or food processor, combine egg, cottage cheese, and flour. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Spoon over turkey mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until edges are browned and filling is set. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with chopped tomatoes.