Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a really quick recipe, perfect for after work. If you don't like spinach, try substituting broccoli, peas or bell peppers
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves (, or use 1/2 of 10 oz. box frozen chopped spinach)
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast
- 1 jar pimiento, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- parmesan cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet; add onions, garlic and mushrooms, cook until softened- approximately 3 minutes.
- Add spinach, cook until just wilted- approximately 1 minute.
- Add turkey, pimentos, broth, soup and sour cream, heat through- without boiling.
- Drain pasta.
- To serve, top noodles with turkey mixture.
- Add pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.