Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great way to use up left over turkey or chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 8 slices rye meal or 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- In sauce pan over medium heat, saute onion in 1 tbsp butter until tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese, sour cream and seasonings. Cook and stir until smooth.
- Add turkey and cook until heated through (do not boil).
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling onto four slices of bread, top each with slice of cheese and then a slice of bread. Butter outside of bread and put sandwiches, buttered side down, in skillet. Heat over medium heat until bottom slide is golden brown. Butter tops of bread slices and flip sandwiches over and brown the other side until golden brown.
FALL PAC 2007: This was outstanding! I used leftover chicken breast with this. Yum - comfort food!!