Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great recipe for leftover turkey. You can also replace the turkey with chicken.
Make and share this Creamy Turkey Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, and tops finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups diced turkey or 3 cups chicken
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons whipping cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet, add margarine and saute onions, then add garlic powder, seasoned salt,chili powder, green chilies, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in cream cheese, heat and stir just till cream cheese melts.
- Add diced turkey or chicken,.
- Spread out 8 tortillas and spoon about 3 heaping tablespoons of turkey-cream cheese mixture on each tortilla. Use all turkey mixture.
- Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in lightly greased 11x15 baking dish.
- Pour whipping cream over enchiladas and sprinkle cheese over enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes or till cream and cheese are bubbly, but not brown.
Great enchiladas! I used a shredded chicken breast and made as directed. These were easy to make and were creamy and filling. Thanks weekend cooker for a nice keeper. Made for Best of 2011 Tag.
Pretty much followed the list of ingredients, but I did use shredded chicken breast that I had in the freezer for just such dishes! Also cut the recipe in half for two meals for the 2 of us & that also cut those not-so-great nutrition elements down quite a bit without messing with the great taste of these wonderful enchiladas! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
First, this is sinfully rich and delicious! I halved the recipe. I have learned that my onions seem to be larger than the average onion, so I only used a little less than 1/4 of an onion. I did use 2 green onions, because I love them. Had no green chiles, but I had fresh peppers from my back yard, so I sauteed those with the onions. I used a serrano, a hot banana pepper, and a cayenne pepper. I don't use seasoning salt, so I made a mix of my own. I used no fat cream cheese to cut some of the fat content. I used smoked chicken to fill the tortillas, and it was wonderful. I used less of the cheese than called for and used 2% instead of full fat cheese.....seemed to be way too much cheese, but the amount I chose turned out perfectly with the cream. I couldn't figure out what to do with the 1/4 tsp chili powder?....couldn't find it anywhere in the instructions. So I left it out. I served with some sliced avocado. I did put some salsa in a side dish, but found I preferred it without the tomato....just wanted to enjoy the creaminess. Thanks for sharing a really delicious recipe that I'll use again to make use of chicken/turkey leftovers. Made for 123 Tag.