Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Mustard, onion, and garlic add zest to this up scale version of an old favorite - turkey a la king. Serve it over noodles or fettuccine, and it becomes a classy pasta dish everyone will enjoy. From Better Homes and Gardens Cooking For Today Stir-Fries.
- 12 ounces turkey breast tenderloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium red bell peppers (1 cup) or 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into julienne strips (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles or 2 cups fettuccine
- fresh whole mushroom (optional)
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
- Rinse turkey and pat dry.
- Cut into thin bite-size strips.
- Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together flour, mustard, wine, salt and pepper till smooth.
- Slowly stir in half-and-half or light cream till well mixed.
- Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking).
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds.
- Add sweet pepper and onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 minutes more or till crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add turkey to the hot wok.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or till no pink remains.
- Push turkey from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce.
- Add sauce to the center of the wok.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Return cooked vegetables to the wok.
- Add thawed peas.
- Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce.
- Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or till heated through.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles or fettuccine.
- Garnish with whole mushrooms and fresh basil, if desired.
- Nutrition information per serving: 463 calories, 28 g protein, 52 g carbohydrate, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 521 mg potassium.