Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This soup works well with cooked chicken in place of turkey. We like things super-spicy, you can omit the jalapeno and dried chili flakes if desired. I also add in some chili powder or curry powder (which ever I feel like at the time lol!) also but that is optional, you can use milk in place of half and half cream but I have to say it is not as good, or use both!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1 -3 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey broth
- 5 cups half-and-half cream or 5 cups full-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons oxo chicken bouillon powder or 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- 5 cups chopped cooked turkey
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- garlic-flavored croutons (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat; add in onions, garlic, celery, jalapeno, chili flakes and thyme; saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients including the cooked turkey cubes (except whipping cream) simmer until the potatoes are fork tender (about 25-30 minutes, cooking time will depend on the size of you potatoes).
- Season with salt and pepper, then add in the whipping cream; bring to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Ladle into bowls and top/sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese then croutons if desired.