Recipe by I'mPat
From a national Australian supermarket.
Top Review by **Jubes**
*Reviewed for Edition 8 Make my Recipe in the Aussie Forum* Great potatoes. I loved these- so easy and very, very tasty. I made mornay sauce from scratch to suit my gluten-free diet. I imagine if using a bottled sauce that they would be a total zinch to make. Loved the tuna topping. photos also being posted.
- 8 potatoes (large)
- 425 g mornay sauce (cabonara was specified)
- 425 g tuna (canned in water)
- 2 spring onions (scallions chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- Wrap each potato in aluminium foil and put on a shallow tray and put in the oven and cook for 1 hour or until tender.
- Heat carbonara sauce in a small saucepan until simmering.
- Drain the tuna and flake and add to the carbonara sauce and then add the spring onions.
- Make a cross in the cooked potatoes and carefully push open.
- Spoon in the tuna sauce and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Put potatoes on a tray and bake for a further 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- If you have sauce left over serve in a jug for people to pour over as they make their way through the potato.