Recipe by katew
This is from a magazine promo advertising Sirena Tuna - there are lots of things you can alter to your own taste eg. change the herbs or use lite cream or 1/2 milk and 1/2 cream like I did .
Top Review by Tisme
This recipe was so easy to make. I only made one substitution, and that was using cheddar and tasty cheese together. I really loved this and enjoyed it tonight for dinner, although DH liked it he thought it needed something else, but then he is not a lover of either casserole type meals or tuna.
Well the main thing is I liked it very much and really enjoyed it.
- 425 g canned tuna, drained
- 1 large leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 500 ml cream
- 500 g potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees celsius.
- Heat a little oil in large saucepan.
- Cook leek and carrot for 10 - 15 minutes till tender.
- Turn out heat.
- Add tuna, herbs,egg and cream.
- Stir gently to break up any chunks of tuna.
- Pout into baking dish - 15 x 25 cms.
- Layer potato over the top - overlapping the slices.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake further 30 minutes till cheese bubbling and serve.