Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the tastiest tuna casserole that I have ever had. Its sure to please everyone.
- 3 cups of medium pasta (your choice)
- 425 g chunk tuna, drained
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup of mixed frozen peas and corn
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- 200 ml sour cream
- 150 ml mayonnaise (Hellmans is the best)
- 1 teaspoon packed Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup of grated cheese
- 2⁄3 cup of crushed corn flakes
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Cook pasta according to package, drain and leave to one side.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees and grease a large casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan add the butter and saute the onions, mushrooms and pepper until soft, drain and leave to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the vegetables, tuna, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large casserole dish add the cooked pasta and boiled eggs. next add the vegetable/tuna mixture, gently combining everything together.
- Top with the crushed cornflakes and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake in the oven until bubbly (about 30 minutes). Add the sliced tomato before serving.
This was really a superstar for "Tuna" recipe. But just really wasn't "creamy" enough. Great change from the usual mushroom soup kind and packed with good stuff. I cut the recipe in half, used 2 cans of tuna, egg noodles, cheddar cheese, and baked at 350 for 30min. Otherwise followed the recipe. Turned out fine but I will double the wet stuff next time. Thanks for sharing.