Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Creamy and delicious!
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) can tuna, drained (I use water-packed)
- 1 cup English pea (canned or frozen if frozen, cook them)
- 1 small onion, chopped very fine
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped very fine
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sour cream (light is fine)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (reduced fat is fine)
- cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray about a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Gently combine the tuna, peas, onion, green pepper and mushrooms and set aside.
- In a skillet, make a roux of the butter and flour, over low-medium heat.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring until smooth.
- Blend in the sour cream and cream cheese, again, stirring until smooth.
- (You can add milk by the teaspoons if you feel it's too thick).
- Gently combine cream cheese mixture with the tuna mixture, and pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Cover, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.