Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one takes me straight back to childhood. If only I could eat comfort food like this every night. If you want to have more cheese on top, then simply adjust the amount you put in the mixture.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos (I think it's the 4 oz jar, it's the smallest one)
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the soup, pimento, green pepper, onion, pepper, and milk. Stir in half of the cheese until melted.
- Prepare the peas and pearl onions according to package directions.
- In a bowl, combine the macaroni with the tuna and peas/onions.
- Mix the macaroni mixture into the soup mixture. Pour into a baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.