Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Smooth creamy sauce--very yummy. Substitute chicken as an alternate choice.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (drained, 2 cans if you like tuna)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced or chopped up)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) packagelarge shell pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter, for sauteing vegetables
- 2 cups shredded cheese, mix jack or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook shell pasta according to package directions.
- Add butter to sauté pan on low-med heat.
- Add celery and onions.
- Sauté until onions almost clear.
- Add mushrooms - remove from heat.
- Drain veggies (if extra butter in pan).
- Put veggies in pan, add soup, tuna, milk, cheese until heated through and cheese melted.
- Remove from heat add mayo and cook pasta.
- Pour into baking dish, top with remaining shredded cheese bake until cheese is melted and "browning" (approx 1/2 hour).
- Remove and let sit for about 5 minutes.
This recipe is great! I also omitted the chicken soup and used sour cream instead of mayo. All my guests at brunch loved it. Thanks!
OMG! This was so yummy and creamy! Used 2 cans cream of chicken, omitted mushrooms, used sour cream (fat free) instead of mayo, and used mozzarella (skim milk) cheese instead of cheddar. We used cooking spray instead of butter. This was so creamy and delicious - I wanted to eat all of it and had to use some self control! haha
We really enjoyed this made it a bit different because have to watch my salt intake & canned soups are really high, so I subed the chicken soup with a bit of sour cream cuuld have used cream cheese but didn't have any.It will go into my cookbook for another day for sure thanks for posting, oh & it is easy too. tried this again the other night but because comercial soups have alot of salt & other things in them I used a recipe on recipezaar for cream soup mix for replacing soups #57287 it is a keeper for me will always use it instead of cream soups everyone should try it...