Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fast mid week meal adapted from a 2007 edition of Super Food Ideas
- 400 g dry penne pasta
- 500 g of italian pasta sauce
- 425 g tuna in vegetable oil, drained, flaked
- 3⁄4 cup cream, I use light cream
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add sauce, tuna, cream, spinach and basil.
- Cook about 5 minutes till heated through and spinach is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with parmesan.
I did grilled fresh tuna w/ garlic and parmesean marinade , then cooked the penne added some sauté onions and topped with a regular spaghetti sauce dried basil parsley r great on top
The recipe is fast and easy to make. I used Marinara Sauce / Spaghetti Sauce Via Bari, Italy for the pasta sauce. The basil leaves were a little large and were cut chiffonade. The tuna was water packed. This recipe makes very generous servings and actually half a recipe made 3 good servings served with a side salad. Made for Aussie Swap.
Fast and very easy to make. To make a lower fat version I used light evaporated milk and it turned out just as good as using real cream :) Into my 'keepers' file for this one :)