Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious dessert!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained and 1 cup juice reserved
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup strawberry, quartered
- Prepare pastry: Heat oven to 400°F.
- Beat flour, butter, and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed about 2 minutes until creamy.
- Stir in almonds.
- Spread into ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Mix cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar and the vanilla in large bowl.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pineapple.
- Stir remaining pineapple into cream cheese mixture.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Fold whipped cream and marshmallows into cream cheese mixture.
- Spread over crust.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours, but no longer than 48 hours.
- Gradually stir reserved 1 cup pineapple juice into cornstarch in 2 qt saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute, cool.
- Fold in reserved pineapple and the strawberries.
- Cut dessert into about 2 1/2-inch squares.
- Serve with fruit mixture.