My friend served this at a dinner party last night, and all of us in attendance asked for the recipe. She said it was from an old issue of Cooking Light. This is a wonderful and rich tasting bisque and doesn't taste light at all! The original recipe states assorted wild mushrooms can be substituted for either the shiitake or portobello.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (6 ounce) package presliced portabella mushrooms, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked dark turkey meat (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 1/2 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1/2 cup tub-style light cream cheese
- 8 parsley sprigs (optional)
- 1Place a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- 2Add mushrooms; cover and cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- 3Add turkey and next 6 ingredients (turkey through broth); bring to a boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in onions and chopped parsley.
- 6Place flour in a small bowl, and gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk until well-blended.
- 7Add milk mixture to mushroom mixture, and bring to a boil.
- 8Cook for 1 minute or until thick.
- 9Reduce heat; add rice and cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- 10Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Triple-Mushroom Bisque With Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 228.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark turkey meat
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
long grain and wild rice blend