Recipe by carolinajen4
I came up with this after reading a tip from a can of refried beans. I first made my chicken version and then thought it would be great with black beans instead of the meat. So easy to put together and a delicious soup.
Top Review by SandKnight
An excellent quick and easy meal! Did I mention excellent? Extremely tasty and gets even better as it sits and flavors blend. I ate 4 bowls, and now logged in to make my first review (ever) for this one! The only thing I added, since I'm a spicy lover, was adding some Thai hot sauce in the bowl. Will try doubling the refried beans next time for experiments sake. Thank you!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- corn tortilla strips or chips
- shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, broth, beans and corn in medium saucepan. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce and bring to a simmer till heated through. Turn off heat and stir in the cilantro. Top each bowl of soup with cheese and crushed tortilla chips. (I use up the crushed chips from the bottom of the bag.).