Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice, summery dish. Very pretty presentation too! The sauce is creamy with a hint of lemon. Very quick to put together as well!
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2-2 cups cream
- 4 -8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 medium lemon, zest of, grated
- 2 -4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Cook tortellini as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, cook cream cheese and milk on medium heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the Parmesan cheese and the lemon peel. Add spinach; stir until coated and wilted.
- Drain pasta. Add to spinach mixture in skillet; mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese just before serving.
Quick & easy recipe. I needed to adjust a few ingredients, only used 16 oz pasta (still made 6-8 servings for us), 1 cup milk, 6 oz cream cheese & 4 oz spinach. I didn't have time to make lemon zest to I sub'd lemon pepper. Nice combination of flavours, thanks for sharing.