A quick and simple meal from Pillsbury Food for Friends.
Make and share this Creamy Tortellini With Ham, Mushrooms and Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 9 ounces refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan-romano cheese mix, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms, canned, sliced and drained
- In large saucepan, cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain; rinse with hot water.
- Return to saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce is thickened and smooth, stirring constantly.
I omitted the mushrooms. My son liked this so much. I like that it only takes milk and no cream for the sauce. Thanks lazyme :) Made for Holiday tag game
Awesome recipe! I did change a few things. My tortellini was 7 oz., I used just grated parmesan (in the green can) and I needed 2 T. of cornstarch to get it to thicken up. I reduced the amount of ham a bit and just chopped it up into smaller pieces. It was a great dish that DH liked and we will eat again. It's a nice change from marinara and not as heavy as an alfredo.
Very easy recipe! I used all fresh ingredients and it was really delicious. Most ingredients you can find in the kitchen. Only thing that it needed was some pepper.