Recipe by yooper
A great dish to serve when you want to get a meal on the table in a hurry! You can substitute chicken or shrimp for the ham if you wish!
Top Review by Bev
Delicious, Yooper! I used a cheese + spinach tortellini which was a perfect compliment to this Primavera dish. I used sliced green onions and added a touch of asparagus to the veggies. I also added a bit more parmesan to help thicken the sauce just a bit more to our liking. Thanks for the lovely supper, Yooper : )
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1⁄4 lb deli ham, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook to 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots, celery, chicken broth,6 and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, transfer to a large serving bowl, and cover to keep warm.
- Stir ham and cream into carrot mixture and cook over low heat until just heated through.
- Pour cream mixture over tortellini, add Parmesan cheese, and toss to combine.